expanded metal - Technical Data
Expanded Metal Process
- Sheet or plate is advanced beyond the face of the bottom die an amount equal to the strand width before flattening.
- The top die then descends and simultaneously slits and cold forms an entire row of half diamonds.
- The top die then ascends and moves one half of a diamond to the right as the base sheet or plate moves forward one strand width.
- The top die descends, slits and forms another full row of half-diamonds completing a row of full diamonds in two strokes.
- The die then ascends and returns to its initial position.
- This process then continually repeats until the full sheet of expanded metal is completed
State of the Art Equipment